Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Vic's 1996 Dodge Ram Dually Shop Truck Is Done!

I built this AMT Snapfast Ram Dually many years ago and I decided it was time to clean it up a bit.  After completing Vic's Dakota Sport, some of the items I wanted to add I had changed my mind on and I thought they would be great for this Ram.  I was going to add a light bar and signs to the Dakota, but they'll go on the Ram instead.  I also plan on adding a trailer hitch.

The Re-build

I started by disassembling the model which is held together with three screws.  I had glued the interior into the cab, so care was taken to carefully break the glue joints.  Since this kit was molded in red plastic and there are no swirls in the plastic, the cab and bed were polished with Meguiars Scratch X to a beautiful shine.

The light bar came from a TJ Hooker police car.  Since it was painted, I covered it with Bare Metal Foil and painted it with Tamiya Clear Orange.

The Story

Vic was in need of a new shop truck and he didn't have the cash for a new one, so he started looking for a used 3/4 to 1 ton truck in good condition.  His friend McNally, Boston PI, had told him of a truck that he had seen for sale in his neighborhood.  Vic went over to check out a 14 year old Dodge Ram Dually that was used only for pulling a camper in excellent condition with only 34,000 miles on the odometer.  After a little haggling, a deal was struck and Vic drove the truck back to the shop that evening.

More to come.....

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/scacs/forums/thread/927976.aspx

Gunther Seiffert Ayrton Senna† Bruno Senna Dorino Serafini Chico Serra

No comments:

Post a Comment