Tuesday, November 23, 2010

New CBP Idea--Looking for Feedback.

Greetings all,

  Since joining this forum recently I've really enjoyed the CBP threads. I find the idea of CBP to be a great way to focus your builds. So, I wanted to come up with my own idea for one, and I think I've got one that would be interesting to many builders.

 This weekend I was out enjoying the nice weather and after a few hours on the motorcycle I decided I needed a roadside pit stop. Well as it happens I turned down a country road to get away from traffic and there was garage sale at the first house. Good a place as any to stop. So, while checking out the wares, I came across a model of a car I've not had a chance to pick up as of yet. It was started, and the guy had messed up the paint bad, so he decided to just sell it. So, I got a great kit..( I'm saving it for this build idea I have) that needs a rebuilt for $5.

 The kit is a street version of a car I already have in my collection and on my ever so long "to do" list. So the idea hit me, I have the same car, one road, one track. So why not have a Road and Track CBP.

 For this R/T CBP you build 2 cars, a road version and a track version of the same make and model of a vehicle. Now the two cars do not have to be from the same year or decade for that matter. For example, you could build a 58 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa and then a Testa Rossa from the 80s, as long as one is a race car and the other a street veriant. Also, the "race" car can be from any form or auto racing, road course, straight track oval track, whatever.

 For a start time frame I was thinking several months down the road. Something during the winter months either a Dec 1 or Jan 1 start date. Well thats my idea. Please post up some comments I'd like to know what any and all think of the idea.

Thanks,

David

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/scacs/forums/thread/912581.aspx

Bertil Roos Pedro de la Rosa Keke Rosberg† Nico Rosberg Mauri Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment