Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Need an honest, no bs opinion

So, I've been trying like crazy to find the 1950 chevy 3100, or a "2-ton" version of the same cab/front end. No dice. So now I have turned to using a much more readily available model, the revell 1/25 1950 Ford F1. The basic premise was an old school truck on newer semi-wheels and tires, with a "rat-rod" (i truly don't like this word, but its the best description) style truck. Bare minimum here, axles, big honkin engine, and lots of attitude. My problem is that I'm really at odds with how the custom chassis I've built so far looks. So, here are some pictures to get your opinions on. keep in mind that this is at the very early stages of building, the only glued together part are the frame rails. The Front end will be a suicide style setup with custom made wishbones, ie; the front axle will be pushed further forward. At the moment, it's just there to hold the chassis at ride height.

the original idea:

 

The modified idea so far:



Oh, ignore the unholy mess on my desk. I've yet to clean it since starting this build. :-P

 

edit: on another note, I'm starting to think that the fact that I don't have the fenders/hood/running boards on there is making the cab look extremely small. But, thankfully the F1 kit isn't discontinued. So, for this first go around, I think I should try to widen and lengthen the fenders and hood. seems to be the best way to make it all look proportional.

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/scacs/forums/thread/925805.aspx

Dan Gurney Hubert Hahne Mike Hailwood Mika Häkkinen Bruce Halford

No comments:

Post a Comment